The days are growing longer and slightly milder– at least in my neck of the woods. It’ll only be a matter of time until I can sit outside barefoot, with a glass of wine and a nice spring/summer salad. This salad recipe marks my official countdown to spring!
Confetti Salad is very easy and quick (takes about 20 minutes). You can make it as exotic or traditional as you like. My recipe is vegetarian, but you could add meat (e.g. ground beef, shredded chicken) or fish. The name of it should really be “Whatever is in My Fridge Tortilla Salad”. I added a variety of vegetables as well as rice and lentils. Personally, I enjoy different colored vegetables. It serves as a sort of reminder that I’m diversifying my diet and getting a range of vitamins. Well that, and it looks lovely. Hope you enjoy this recipe! Remember, adapt it to your liking.
What you need:
- Sliced and diced veggies/fruits: radish, onion, winter lettuce, avocado, carrots, tomato (use what you like)
- 1-2 TBSP Sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/4 c grated/crumbled cheese of choice
- Wild rice
- Red lentils
- Tortilla chips
- 1 TBSP fresh lemon or lime juice
- Salt and red pepper to taste
- 1 TBSP chopped parsley
How you make it:
- Cook rice and lentils/beans and mix together, season with red pepper and salt.
- Place rice and lentils on a plate, cover with vegetables, add your fresh lemon juice, scatter your cheese on top and add your scoop of sour cream.
- Serve with a serving of tortilla chips if you’d like.
- Garnish with parsley