This week’s recipe was taken from the blog, Take a Bite out of Life.
I stumbled across this blog while searching for a recipe with chickpeas. I’m happy I did, because the blogger not only has some delicious cake recipes, but also has great recipes for those with dietary restrictions. Definitely worth checking her out.
Her chickpea burger recipe has a wonderful spicy kick to it. It’s a delicious and healthy burger alternative that’s packed with protein. It’s also low in fat and cholesterol. Serve warm with lots of delicious herbed yogurt (plain yogurt mixed with your favorite herbs), your favorite salad or veggies mixture, pita bread and little squeeze of fresh lemon.
You can find the recipe here.
The only things I did differently:
- Instead of oats – I used 1/4 c of corn flour (ground maize)
- I omitted the oregano, flaxseed, curry powder and siracha sauce instead I used instead: salt, pepper, cumin and paprika
- I added one egg and 2 TBSP of fresh lemon juice
- I added freshly chopped chives (1 tsp), parsley (1TBSP) and basil (1tsp)
- Instead of baking, I pan grilled each burger on each side for 6-8 minutes . (The following day, I baked falafels with the leftover mixture and it was yummy, so both methods work well).