There’s one vegetable that I miss a lot from home and that’s sweet potatoes. Actually, you can find sweet potatoes in Switzerland, but the trick is finding good ones. A couple of years back on Thanksgiving, I desperately tried to recreate my Aunt Henrietta’s sweet potato pie recipe. Major fail! The potatoes at the grocery store were long, thin, frail remnants of sweet potatoes.
Today, while picking up some veggies at the grocery store I happened to come across lovely sweet potatoes– jack pot! I made one for lunch and the taste was absolutely wonderful!
I imagine this recipe would work well as a healthy alternative to fries and would complement a hearty salad or grilled meat. I just ate it as a meal and enjoyed every bite.
What you need.
- Potato of choice, I used Russet
- Sweet potato
- Olive oil
- Salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, paprika
How you make it.
- Preheat oven to 400 (app 200 C)
- Cut thin/medium (app 1/4 in, .60cm) potato slices
- Cut medium slices of carrots
- Oil the bottom of a baking dish, places veggies on the bottom of the pan and drizzle oil on top
- Season slices.
- Bake for about 30 – 40 minutes or until roasted, golden brown and tender.
I used the grill setting on my oven, perhaps this would work nicely in a broiler as well.